Well, it won't be long now and we'll be right in the middle of our spring-time. Our white car is already covered with yellow pollen and I've even seen a few bluebonnets in the neighborhood blooming. We've had a few warm days when we had to use our a.c. but now back to cooler temperatures with night time lows in the 40's. Can't wait to get out in the yard to do some gardening kind of things.
The Year's at the Spring
Robert Browning
The year's at the spring
And the day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven:
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn:
God's in his heaven -
All's right with the world!
10 comments:
Ys, and almost daylight savings time! What are those flowrs? The first are not bluebonnets, are they?
The lavender colored flower is wisteria and the second is flowers on a redbud tree.
The colors are beautiful.
Spring isn't quiet as far along here yet. I have seen some green tips of daffodils sprouting and the grass is starting to turn green again.
Love the pictures! Yep, Spring's in the air!
I can hear my dad reciting that Browning poem in his deep bass voice ......and ending with the truth that "God's in his heaven, All's right with the world." One of the first poems I remember hearing as a child!
And then my dad would go on with:
"Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers is!"
Marge - that's so funny. That's kind of how I'm feeling now. We've got the grass, the pollen, the warmer weather but not much in the way of flowers yet.
Beautiful!!!
Hi Jeanne, You are having alot more Spring so far than we are... We finally have some Daffodils blooming --but no trees yet...
Yes, Hurricane Ike did alot of damage to your area. One of my sons (who lived in Galveston) lost everything --including his job as restaurant manager at Pointe West Resort... His family moved to Vegas for a year and a half --but they are back in Galveston now...
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Jeanne, Speaking of POLLIN, something has gotten into my system this week... I'm sneezing and the nose is running... No FUN!!!!!
We finally have some nice spring here. Right now the Tulips, Pansies and some Daffodils are still blooming... SO pretty....
Love your colors. Thanks!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Jeanne!just love your blog!
Post a Comment