I made one of my favorite meals last night - Pad Thai. It's just a fun dish to prepare. Love eating it too but it's just kind of fun to make something different every now and then. I also love to watch You Tubes of different ways of preparing this dish. This is one of my favorites. I can't believe this lady cooks and serves up a plate of Pad Thai right from her boat for 50 cents!
Pad Thai
1 (16 ounce) package rice noodles
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup chopped onions
1 stalk lemongrass, flattened with cleaver and finely chopped
1 1/2 lbs boneless pork or chicken (shrimp would be good too)
6 Thai red chili peppers, minced
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 tablespoons ketchup
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
6 cups bean sprouts (washed and drained)
1/4 cup chinese chives, chopped (or 1/4 cup chopped green onion plus minced garlic to taste)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup chopped peanuts
1. Cook noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until softened, stirring constantly; drain and plunge into cold water; drain again.
2. Stir-fry onion and garlic in wok until tender; add pork, chicken or shrimp, lemongrass, and chilies, cooking 5 minutes further, or until meat is done.
3. Add sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, ketchup, black pepper, eggs, noodles, bean sprouts and chives; cook, stirring well for 2-4 minutes, until egg is pretty much cooked and set.
4. Serve on plates sprinkled with cilantro and peanuts; and optional hot sauces such as Nam Prik Dang or Sambal Oelek (chile paste) as table condiments, if desired.
(from Food.com)
6 comments:
I've never had pad thai! But I can't get over your header!! The beautiful bird cup and saucer, I'm in love with them. And the way you got the reflection of the birds in the coffee, wonderful!! What is the pattern, can it be bought still?
Ginny, I received the cup and saucer from a friend for my birthday one year so I'm not sure if it's still available or not. It's marked 'Grace Fabrique en Chine.' It's my favorite cup for coffee or tea!
Never heard of it but sounds Good!
Happy Monday friend!
hughugs
I love Pad Thai, but have never made it. Thanks for the recipe, I think I'll have to try it!
And the cup and saucer are wonderful! I love the way you change your header pictures so often. I'm trying to do so too, and tried last night and again this morning, but I guess the wifi signal we get at our campsite isn't strong enough to change the photo. I'll keep trying!
The header is what grabbed my attention as well. What a beautiful cup and saucer!! I've never eaten this dish. That's a lot of ingredients. I think I'd rather order it somewhere...
Hi Jeanne, I love love love that little bird cup and saucer in your header... FABULOUS!!!!!
I've never had Pad Thai before --but my hubby (who loves Chinese-type food) would love it... We go to the Chinese buffet ever so often --and enjoy it... Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment