They made us feel so welcome and it was really nice to get a little break from our tiny little trailer. They made us feel like we were in the finest bed and breakfast around with delicious meals and all the comforts of home.
The first night we were there Sheila made a delicious taco salad. She makes it with a salad dressing that we don't have here in Texas, called Dorothy Lynch and it is kind of like a french dressing but even better. They didn’t want us to be without so they sent us home with two bottles which we have enjoyed!
SHEILA’S TACO SALAD
1 red onion (chopped)
4 tomatoeslettuce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup of Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing (or French)
6 oz. bag of tortilla chips
1 large avocado
1 lb. ground meat
1 can drained kidney beans
¼ tsp. salt
garlic powder (to taste)
Chop vegetables and mix together.
Brown ground meat, season, and add drained kidney beans. Simmer about 10 minutes. Then mix into cold salad. Serve with extra tortilla chips, and taco sauce (ole Ortego) plus extra Dorothy Lynch.
Johnny and Bill have known each other since they were about four years old. Bill and Sheila left Texas about 40 years ago so we all had a lot catching up to do. Now it's their turn to come see us in Texas!
4 comments:
Why oh Wy are there so many beautiful rock formations in Wyoming?? The salad recipe looks delicious! I've never heard of that salad dressing, wonder what makes it different from French? So glad you had a great time, I love the picture of the four of you!! There are so many blog reunions on posts today, and I'm having one on Wednesday! Going to meet Bonnie, a blog follower I've never met before, along with another blog friend Beverly.
The last time we were in Custer we also went to Wyoming to see friends! I love that part of the country. I think I could live in the Black Hills or Wyoming. The picture of the four of you is great! Aren't reunions with old friends fun?
Blessings,
Marge
Jeannie, all your pictures are great!! Glad you and Johnnie had a good time with us. It was such a treat to have both of you here-we loved it!! Please come again. We will be waiting! Sheila
Hi Jeanne, That is so neat that you all were able to visit some old friends... I think it is so special to catch back up with friends who have moved.. Wyoming is a beautiful part of our country, isn't it???? Great pictures. I love the one of the four of you all. That's so special...
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment