As we drove through the corn fields we even listened to agricultural reports on a station out of Mitchell, S.D. called 1490 KORN. I thought it was funny when we heard the name Minnehaha County. The county received its name from the Sioux word for waterfalls, meaning "where the water laughs" or "laughing water."
Sadie was kind of confused. Every time she looked out the window we were in a different place.
Iowa State Song
Iowa State Song
(words by S.H.M. Byers - to the tune of Tannenbaum)
You asked what land I love the best, Iowa, tis Iowa,
The fairest State of all the west, Iowa, O! Iowa,
From yonder Mississippi's stream
To where Missouri's waters gleam
O! fair it is as poet's dream, Iowa, in Iowa.
See yonder fields of tasseled corn, Iowa, in Iowa,
Where plenty fills her golden horn, Iowa, in Iowa,
See how her wondrous prairies shine.
To yonder sunset's purpling line,
O! happy land, O! land of mine, Iowa, O! Iowa.
5 comments:
I love the picture of faithful Sadie! Your pictures are beauiful, they look like where we live!
I love the picture of faithful Sadie! Your pictures are beauiful, they look like where we live!
Looks like you all are having a great trip!
I'm finally back!
Enjoy!
hughugs
Oh...how wonderful!!! Beautiful country...fabulous photos...and a lovely Sadie!!! What more could you ask for?? Love it! ~Janine XO
I was born in Minnesota, but raised in Iowa until I was thirteen. I thought it the best place in the world to spend a childhood! We used to sing "Iowa, that's where the tall corn grows. Iowa, that's where the pretty girls live!"
Keep sharing your photos....love them!
Post a Comment