I though South Dakota was a beautiful state and would love to go back and spend more time there. Our first night there we stayed at Vermillion Lake State Park which was very quiet and peaceful and looked like a great place to fish. The next day we traveled west all day on Interstate 90 across beautiful prarie and grasslands. It was just gorgeous weather and you could see for miles. We saw sign after sign advertising Wall Drug in Wall, S.D. so we just had to stop and have our five cent cup of coffee. Also enjoyed a $4.00 ice cream cone!
Loved all the old farms with interesting looking barns!
Here we turned onto I.H. 90 which seemed like the top of America to us. We live near I.H. 10 so this is a long way from home!
This is the first time I had ever seen a real pumpkin patch. It was just in their front yard. Wish we could have found a whole field of them.
Interstate 90 is the longest Interstate Highway in the United States at 3,099 miles and is
the northernmost coast-to-coast interstate.
Just beautiful "Big Sky Country!"
5 comments:
Beautiful photos. That is one long road. I-80 is quite long too, but don't know how many miles it is.
Great pictures! I love the perspective of the long windy interstate, and the hay bales!
I-90 is about 40 miles south of where we live in Minnesota, so we are very familiar with it. I love the trip west, the wide open fields and the big sky.
And we have huge fields of pumpkins around here.......you should have come to Minnesota and I would have shown you one!
Blessings,
Marge
Thanks Marge,
Next big trip might have to be towards Minnesota. Sounds like a beautiful place to visit too!
Looks like a fun trip Jeanne!!! Especially the Ice Cream...Hahaa
hughugs
Post a Comment