Sunday, April 25, 2010

Whirlwind of a Month




The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~Henry Ward Beecher




We've been easing ourselves into retirement and I think I'm going to like it! We're both still working some but less and less each month. This month we've been able to see all three children and have traveled from South Texas coast to Kansas City, MO.  And we're not finished with April yet. This week we're going to camp a few days up at Lake Sam Rayburn. Hopefully we will catch fish this time!

I'm so far behind in the blog world and have really missed keeping up with everyone but I hope to catch up soon.

Our trip to Kansas City was like seeing spring all over again. We had blooming dogwoods and redbuds a few weeks ago, but there spring was at peak so it was perfect timing. We went to a place called Powel Gardens that was beautiful!





We were so glad to be able celebrate Jill's birthday with her and Jason in K.C.  We had a very good meal here at Stix and then back to their house for some yummy strawberry cake.


4 comments:

HappyK said...

Beautiful pictures of the gardens.
I love the whirlwind!! It looks so graceful.

Donna said...

Love the whirley gig!! Cool video!
Happy night to you!
hughugs

Marge said...

We jumped headfirst into retirement, we didn't ease into it like you are doing. But I highly recommend it! We will have been retired for four years on June 1 and it's been a ball! We've been from Minnesota to Alaska (twice!) to Florida (twice!) to California to New Foundland! And everywhere in between! Love, love love it!

Hope you have as much fun as we are having.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, I LOVED everything about this post! The video is such fun...your photos fabulous...the quote so wise...and always wonderful to catch up with your life! Have a wonderful week! Love, Janine XO