Saturday, May 1, 2010

Camping at Mill Creek Park



We had a very nice camping spot on the edge of Lake Sam Rayburn and beautiful camping weather. It was a little windy for fishing but we did catch enough for a fish fry one night. One morning as the guys were getting ready to go out in the boat we saw an eagle circle over the lake right by our campsite. It was a beautiful sight but I didn't have my camera outside and by the time I went inside to get it he was too far for a decent shot.   Oh well - maybe next time!

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 'And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Matthew 6:25-28 NIV





5 comments:

HappyK said...

A lovely mosaic of your camping trip.
That is one of my favorite Bible verses!

Marge said...

I am jealous of your camping trip. We won't be going until we do our month of campground hosting in June. Actually, we're lucky as we get to go the last week in May to cover Memorial Day weekend so we actually get in more than a month.

I love that Bible verse and wish I could follow it better. When you look at the flowers and birds, and how the Lord cares for them, why do we worry that He won't care for us?

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Love your little vacation. We are going to go to Breckenridge to learn to Fly Fish this summer.

Warm Wishes,
KAREN EILEEN

Anonymous said...

Love your little vacation. We are going to go to Breckenridge to learn to Fly Fish this summer.

Warm Wishes,
KAREN EILEEN

Sniffles and Smiles said...

It sounds like a little piece of heaven! What a wonderful getaway! And such a beautiful Bible verse...a great reminder...Love, Janine XO