Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie!


There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1


This little bird came to my deck this morning and I think he was saying goodbye. It was much cooler today so it's time to head South. I didn't see him the rest of the day.

Hummingbirds
Sylvia Finegan

The Hummingbird is cute and tiny;
Sometimes his wings look very shiny.
His beak is long and comes to a point;
And in it you won't find a joint.
He's stays around the feeder, and protects his food;
He's sometimes aggressive, with a lot of attitude.
A humming sound, he seems to mutter;
His wings are so fast, you might see them flutter.
He'll go from flower, to feeder, to flower;
He'll fly through a water mist, to take his shower.
A brand new feeder, he has found;
One he can eat from, and buzz all around.
At the end of the summer, you must fly away;
But I know you'll be back, again someday

2 comments:

Donna said...

I still have one that's hanging around here in central Texas! Love the photo!!hughugs

Donna said...

PS- I LOVE the ADDAMS Family!!Hahaa...I bet I've played that youtube Way too many times this morning!!Hahaaa