Friday, October 16, 2009

Fudge Pecan Pie




Every year my boss request this pie on his birthday so I made two of them for our office on Monday and we finished off one and he got to bring one home. It is one of my favorites too!


1 stick butter


3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate


4 eggs well beaten


3 T. white corn syrup


1 1/2 cups sugar


1/4 tsp. salt


1/4 cup milk


1/4 tsp. vanilla


1 cup chopped pecans


1 unbaked pie shell


Melt butter and chocolate in top of double boiler. Beat eggs well and add other ingredients. Add chocolate and butter. Mix well and pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is crusty and filling is set. Do not over-bake. Serve with whipped topping.


(I usually have to increase baking time to about an hour)

3 comments:

HappyK said...

That looks and sounds so good. I've copied it to try one day soon.

Donna said...

Oh Man, this looks good!!! I'm going to be trying this out!!!hughugs

JennS said...

Yum!! I can't wait to make this again!!!