Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tropical Storm Lee and a Little Rain

We were lucky to be on the outskirts of Tropical Storm Lee and enjoyed having a break from the heat and also getting a whole day of steady rain. It was breezy and cool and just so nice to have rain finally, but we were sure hoping that it would spread out into the parts of Texas that are even dryer than we are. At least we have had a few days of rain this summer unlike most of Texas which is in a terrible drought condition.



After seeing this thermometer hit 100 + degrees several  days last week, this was such a relief!  One or two days we had 105 here on our deck.


How beautiful is the rain!
After the dust and the heat,
In the broad and fiery street,
In the narrow lane,
How beautiful is the rain!

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Rain in Summer

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, I see that I have missed every post since you got your stent! How maddening, but I guess yet again the sidebar was not showing them!! This has happened before with three or four other followers, and happened to them, too. Well, I am all caught up now. I love that Houston skyline picture and all the skyscrapers.

aurbie said...

You did better than we did when Irene came through. 100? It was in the 80's today, but it felt like 100 due to the humidity.

Nice photos. Love that old thermometer. Classic.

aurbie said...

BTW, I love your banner. Great shots.