The first day of our trip we traveled up through East Texas and into Oklahoma. We stayed at a Corp of Engineers Park called Kiamichi Park at Hugo Lake in Oklahoma. I was not sure what it would be like because I couldn't find any reviews about the park, but it was one of the nicest parks we've ever stayed in.
The loop where we camped was new and each camp site was paved and most were water front sites.
We took a walk along the edge of the lake and saw several interesting fossils. The lake level was way below normal and the part where we were walking I'm sure was usually covered with water.
When we got back to our campsite, we saw several flocks of geese fly right over us. Several great blue heron were "fishing" nearby too.
I'm usually up early, vacation or not, so I got up, made coffee, and watched the sun rise over the lake. It was a beautiful sight!
I hope we get to go back to Kiamichi again someday!
The loop where we camped was new and each camp site was paved and most were water front sites.
We took a walk along the edge of the lake and saw several interesting fossils. The lake level was way below normal and the part where we were walking I'm sure was usually covered with water.
When we got back to our campsite, we saw several flocks of geese fly right over us. Several great blue heron were "fishing" nearby too.
I'm usually up early, vacation or not, so I got up, made coffee, and watched the sun rise over the lake. It was a beautiful sight!
I hope we get to go back to Kiamichi again someday!

No comments:
Post a Comment