Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Paddle Boarding and Fun in Austin


Stand up paddle boarding is getting to be a popular sport in Austin. It's similar to surfing but you stand on a long flat board similar to a surf board and paddle on either side. It's a very good work out and at the same time very relaxing.


 






 


This is our attempt at paddle boarding. This was Jennifer's second trip out with her new board and she's doing great. We were a lot more comfortable in our canoe but it was fun trying out her board. The water felt cold and refreshing and it was very tempting to just jump in and cool off!



We had a great trip!  We love getting together with our children every chance we get!

5 comments:

HappyK said...

I've never seen that before. Looks like fun!

Donna said...

Looks FUN! We could have used this on Monday when the temp hit 107 here in Waco!
Enjoy the day!
hughugs

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love these pictures, the water is so pretty in the first one. You two are very brave, and I'm glad you have the photos to prove it! I have a hard time balancing just on solid ground! Were either of you able to go much of a distance? I think you would have to have excellent balance and the water be very smooth!

Jeanne said...

I paddled about 50 yards down the lake then turned and came back. It did help that the water was very smooth. Going against the wind was kind of hard and I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere, but I made it.

Marge said...

Oh wow! This looks like a real workout, Jeanne! Guess I'd best get up out of the easy chair and do something myself. And I'll have to check and see if this new sport is happening around here. It looks like a lot of fun and a great balancing workout!