Thursday, April 8, 2010

Springtime Trip to the Fishing Camp


Last week Mom, Judy, and I had a girl's night away at the camp on Lake Sam Rayburn. 

On Thursday, Buddy came up and took us fishing and also took us across the lake to look for the eagles he had seen week before last.  We didn't see them but we enjoyed our boat ride anyway. 

We had great weather and just really enjoyed taking  in
the beauty of the spring-time happenings.


    Buddy - our guide.


Great Blue Heron - This is near the swimming area where he had just
caught a fish and was working on getting it down.




Bluebird



Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher




4 comments:

HappyK said...

Looks like one fine day!! Lots of pictures to look at!
I love the heron. Terrific shot.

Marge said...

What a fun day that looked like! And I love the bluebird. Our local state park has quite a few bluebirds, but we've not seen any this spring yet. Thanks for sharing yours!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jeanne, WOW---what a neat place!!! I'd love to go out on the boat... Hope you can go out again and look for the eagles. That would be super!!!!

Love your Bluebird ---but that Flycatcher is amazing. I've never seen one. SO pretty.

Hope you have a wonderful l weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sniffles and Smiles said...

What a fantastic day! And your photos of the Heron and Bluebird are absolutely incredible! Your photography is amazing!! Have a wonderful weekend!! ~Janine XO