These two little red-bellied woodpeckers were busy at work on the telephone pole in our backyard. I think it would have been better if maybe they had been called the black and white checked or zebra woodpecker because I don't really see a red belly. Supposedly there is a red wash on their lower bellies, but it's not easily seen.
6 comments:
Wow that is a terrific picture of the woodpeckers and what a bright blue sky!!
I wonder too how they came up with that name for them!!
GoodNess Jeanne!! GORGEOUS!!!!hughugs
What an absolutely EXQUISITE PHOTO!!!!! You are absolutely fabulous!!!! You should frame this!!! I love it!!! Love you! Janine XO
What a gorgeous photo!!
Simply gorgeous, it should be on National Geographic!!
Diane
I love woodpeckers and we have tons of these kind around our yard. Good shot of them. My brother and his wife "casita" around Texas too. You've probably met them at some point!
Yes Jean, I think we met your brother at Matagorda last year. I love his photograpy!
Post a Comment