This was our first time to camp at Sea Rim. We've made lots of day trips here but since it's less than 35 miles from home, we decided to give it a try and camped for two nights.
This is a view of the campground from the boardwalk that crosses over to the beach. Our camper is at the far end on the left. I loved the tent that looks like a log cabin!
Our front yard for a few days! It's only a short walk to get to the beach.
Loved bird watching, especially this beautiful Great Egret!
Common Nighthawk
There were quite a few of these around! They would be sitting in parking lots or any place where they just kind of blended in. They are not very active all day but then as soon as the sun goes down they are out catching insects. And there were plenty of mosquitoes for them at night!
This Black-necked Stilt was fussing at me to please stay away
from her baby!
Killdeer
I came home and looked at this picture several times before noticing the extra set of legs! There is a little baby chick hiding from me!
15 comments:
Oh My--I wouldn't have seen the Baby Killdeer either... Awesome... That Mama was protecting her baby!!!!
Looks like a great place for birding and so close to the beach. I'm sure you had a great time.... Was it HOT there?
Hugs,
Betsy
Wonderful pictures! The egret even has a fish! It is a gorgeous picture. The Nighthawk may be common, but I have never seen one. I would love to, though. I love the cabin tent! In fact, I thought that is was a tent till I read what you said.
What a fantastic place to stay. Brilliant pictures.
Belle proximité ;-)
Céline & Philippe
Hello, these are all gorgeous birds and photos. One of my favorite is the Nighthawk! Enjoy your day!
Beautiful photos, and I like the Scripture, too!
Hello!:) It DOES look like a good place to bird watch, and you saw and captured some I have never seen before, the Nighthawk, and the Killdeer. Cute picture of the Killdeer with four legs!!:)) I also looked at your previous post with all the precious colourful birds, which is delightful.:)
What a great place to visit and enjoy nature! Loved the Nighthawk. All the photos are great. 4-legs? :-)
I love that Killdeer photo!
That Nighthawk is remarkable. I had a Nightjar (same sort of bird) land on the lawn of a hotel I was at once during a conference - my workmates thought I was mad when I went to get a camera - maybe they are correct!
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
PS; the log cabin tent is great
I think the killdeer is such a neat bird. I love to watch them run, like little runners.
The Killdeer chicks are very cute, too. They speed about on long tall legs. I find the adults to have such big sad eyes. You saw so many cool birds! I thought that tent really was a log cabin!!
I think in Australia, the Night Hawks are called Night Jars. I saw it on a nature show not long ago.
UPDATE (6/16/18, 6 pm): I talked to Ginny about an hour ago and she asks that everyone say some extra prayers for her... She did come through surgery fine --- but she now has some uncontrollable bleeding and they haven't found where it is coming from yet. They are putting her in ICU tonight --and will run some tests searching for where the blood loss is coming from. Continued prayers for Ginny. Please pass this info on to other friends of Ginny --both on Blogger and Facebook. Thank You, and God Bless our friend, Ginny Hartzler.
Hi There, So glad to hear from you... I don't blog nearly as much as I used to --and because of that, I've lost touch with some friends... We are fine... The worst tornado hit about 45 miles from us (Cookeville, TN).... Very scary and SAD.... We were lucky --since all we had here was rain and some winds.... Too close for comfort though....
Hope you are doing okay as we go through this Virus Scare. No Covid 19 cases in our county so far --but we are being very very careful through this Virus scare. We also are not panicking --and definitely not hoarding items/food, etc... People can be nuts at times like this.
Stay Healthy and Safe!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment