I wasn't sure how our view of the eclipse would be and thought about staying in bed, but I'm so glad I didn't! I got up a little before 4 to catch the beginning of the eclipse.
I started out just hand holding my camera and using my regular 250 mm lens.
Then when I saw how clear it was and what a great view we had I decided to get out the 400 mm zoom lens and tripod.
At this point my view was partially blocked by two electric lines as the moon dropped lower on the horizon.
Here the moon is coming out of eclipse but dropping still lower and soon to be out of my view.
The color was not as red as the last eclipse, or blood moon, we had in April, although it was kind of a dark rusty color.
When the moon disappeared behind the trees I decided to drive to a better spot so I could see it as long as possible.
After this shot it quickly dropped behind clouds that were right on the horizon and I couldn't see it at all. I'm so glad our skies were almost completely clear for the most part. It was really strange to see a lunar eclipse ending and a sunrise beginning at the same time!
Sunrise
Sunrise
Psalm 136
5 Give thanks to him who made the heavens so skillfully.
His faithful love endures forever.
6 Give thanks to him who placed the earth among the waters.
His faithful love endures forever.
7 Give thanks to him who made the heavenly lights—
His faithful love endures forever.
8 the sun to rule the day,
His faithful love endures forever.
9 and the moon and stars to rule the night.
His faithful love endures forever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you missed this one you can try for the next
one on April 4, 2015!
Jeanne
3 comments:
Your pictures are wonderful! And I can really see the deep color. I totally missed it because I didn't know about it until today! I love your header, it is beautiful...especially the baskets of apples and the fall trees.
Beautiful photos! I didn't see it here, but hubby caught part of it.
Gorgeous photos of the moon. I hope to see the Blood Moon one of these days. We couldn't see it here last night since it was rainy/cloudy/foggy...
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment