Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bucket List Trip - Alaska Bound! First Seattle!

Well after many hours of planning, we were able to take a family cruise to Alaska.  What a beautiful place to see -  the great state of Alaska!!   Everyone had told me "you won't be disappointed" and we certainly weren't.  It was everything we had hoped for - except seeing a bear.  I think we just might have to go back!!  Next trip, maybe we can talk all the family into coming along!


 Beautiful Day For A Visit To The Space Needle


We were in Seattle a day before and a day after our cruise and have decided that should be a vacation destination all by itself someday!  It's such a beautiful city and so much to see and do there.  This was our first time to be in the Pacific Northwest and now I can see why it is so popular.  Seattle is the fastest-growing major city in the United States with a population of 3.6 million in the Seattle metropolitan area.


View Of Downtown From Our Hotel



Space Needle Seattle Center

























Our View From The Top Of Space Needle
This is Mt. Ranier which is 54 miles Southeast of Seattle.  I coudn't get a very good picture but the sight of this huge snow-capped mountain was amazing!


 Our cruise ship - Holland America's ms Amsterdam.




More of Downtown








 

Pike Place Market


These cherries were so good!  I would love to go back and see the cherry trees in bloom some day.

And we had to try some seafood too.  We had some boiled shrimp and dungeness crab.  We have shrimp and blue crab at home but not the dungeness.  They were huge, expensive, but delicious!  One was enough for two of us to share.



It's going to take a while to sort through all our pictures of Alaska, but I'll be posting them a little at the time in the next few weeks.
 
God's Glory in Creation
Psalm 19:1-4
 
How clearly the sky reveals God's glory!
    How plainly it shows what he has done!
Each day announces it to the following day;
    each night repeats it to the next.
No speech or words are used,
    no sound is heard;
yet their message goes out to all the world
    and is heard to the ends of the earth.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
~Susan Heller









5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is a dream trip!!! I especially love those tall red flower sculptures.

HappyK said...

Oh my what a wonderful trip.
My mom and step dad took that one a few years back now and loved it too.
Glad you had such a great time. You got some terrific photos.

Jen S said...

Nice! I would like to go back and see more of the Seattle area too.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I'm so glad you are going to share your photos with us --and take us along with you on that wonderful trip. I think some friends of mine took that exact same cruise from Seattle a few years ago. They raved and raved... Hope we can do it sometime.

Gorgeous photos from Seattle. Hope you get to go back sometime.

Hugs,
Betsy

Marge said...

We leave for Alaska in about two weeks....driving again! Alaska is my favorite place on earth, and especially so now that I have a 7 month old grandbaby up there! I look forward to your pictures...did you take as many as I always do?