House Finch
This is one of my favorite birds and I wish I could get them to come to my back yard more often! The house finch has a cheerful little song that always makes my heart happy. We do have them pass through every now and then but this picture is from our hill country trip in February.
Linking with Wild Bird Wednesday
You can listen to his beautiful song here on this youtube.
“I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I need them.”
― Kathi Hutton
― Kathi Hutton
Linking with Wild Bird Wednesday
11 comments:
Awww... they're so cute. i didn't see very many this past weekend. I forgot to put bird seed out until Sunday afternoon! poor little birds. :)
Cute shots of your House Finch! Enjoy your week!
He is a cute little thing!!!
One of my favourites too! Lovely shots!
My feeder is loaded with finches - house finches are outnumbered by the goldfinches, though.
I love these pretty little guys.
I had never heard that quote but it suits me perfectly. :)
They always try to build their nest in a tiny tree up against out house, and something bad always happens to the babies. Raising chicks right beside houses is not the best thing for these sweet little birds, we have many feral cats around.
Hi It is indeed a lovely little bird with a beautiful song.
Cute little guys- great shots.
Gorgeous photos!
Hi there, We are back from ANOTHER trip. This time we were in Georgia checking out yet another waterfall... Check my blog today when you get a chance.
We have some House Finches here --but it's hard to get their photo... You got some great pictures of that beautiful little bird.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment