Finally, a break in the weather to bring us a smile! We have been near 100 degrees every day now
for a while, but today it's cloudy and 79 with a few scattered showers
around. Just looking out the window it
looks like a winter day!
| Hummingbird Bush |
We've been seeing a few hummingbirds lately. They come here in August as they make their way back south. They will be with us until about October when we first start having some cooler temperatures. And they do love this bush! I usually keep a couple of feeders hanging out on the deck also.
| American Beauty Bush |
Right now it's party time for the Mocking Birds! They practically live in this bush every year when the berries mature, which isn't always a good thing for my deck and everything on it!
| Duranta |
"Welcome every morning with a smile.
Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday.
Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day.
Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all.
You were not born to fail."
- Og Mandino -
Hoping your day brings you a smile also!
5 comments:
We've had such a cool rainy summer!
Your pictures are so pretty. I've seen a few humming birds around here but they seem to prefer the petunias to the feeder.
What gorgeous images. I love these beautiful berries, if I had them in my yard, I would pull up a chair and sit there for hours. And the sweet little blue flowers, no wonder you have hummingbirds.
Hi Jeanne, We have had a mild summer overall --and quite rainy. It hasn't felt like the normal summer---but I'm not complaining since I hate hot weather.
Beautiful words --and photos. Love that Duranta... Gorgeous color. And I'll bet the Mockingbirds do love the American Beauty Bush!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
You were not born to fail, true words. The American Beauty Bush has gorgeous berries, I have not grown them yet.
Your pictures are just absolutely beautiful. I have noticed a little hummingbird in my yard lately. I'm glad to know he is going to stick around until October so I am going to go get him a little feeder. I'll tell him he can thank you for the new treat!
Post a Comment