I've taken a long break from blogging because we've been doing some much needed home renovations. For five long weeks that's just about all we've done - arrggh! But it's almost completely done thank goodness and things are getting back to normal. We now have new flooring, baseboards and fresh paint in most of the house. It's been hard work but worth the effort now that it's done!
I never did get to post about the second part of our April trip, so here it is. In Kansas City we had to have our barbque of course so we went to our favorite - Oklahoma Joe's. It's a combination gas station/restaurant, although I've never seen anyone getting gas here. You can count on having to stand in line because it's a very popular place. Usually the line is out the door and down the side of the building. I'd have to say it's worth the wait! Not only is the barbque delicious, but the sides are awesome too, especially the seasoned fries!
We took a tour of a coffee company. The Roasterie is a specialty coffee-roasting company that services espresso bars, coffeehouses, fine restaurants, high-end grocers, offices, retail accounts, and coffee lovers in Kansas City and around the world. We learned some interesting things about the coffee business.
For one thing, coffee is the second largest traded commodity surpassed only by oil, the world's largest traded commodity. I know I buy my share!! I love my coffee and the Roasterie coffee was excellent. I wish we had it here in Texas but it can be ordered on-line so I think I'll be doing that soon.
Something else we didn't know - many people consider espresso as the strongest form of coffee. From a caffeine perspective, however, espresso actually has about 1/3 the caffeine content as regularly brewed coffee.
This full-size DC-3 airplane sits on top of the Roasterie. The plane was built in 1943 and was part of the Berlin airlift.
Kansas City Zoo
My favorite part of the zoo was seeing the the lions. As we walked around we could hear a lion roaring and was hoping that he would be roaring when we got to see him. This is how he looked when we first saw him.
There was not a sound at all! Just this funny face!
Then finally he did roar! I wish I had it on video but seems I have lost that clip. : (
| Bat Earred Fox |
| Mona Monkey |
| Llama |
| Black Swan |
| Trumpeter Swan |
| François' langur |
| Orangutan This was our walk with the animals! Bye for now. Hope to catch up on all your blogs soon! |
5 comments:
Congrats, Jeanne, on all of the home renovations... I know you feel as if you have a brand new home!
Love your KC photos --especially that funny lion picture. Made me laugh!!!!
Glad you enjoyed it.
Hugs,
Betsy
How nice that you are finished with the renovations. Now you can enjoy it.
Love the face the lion is making!!!
Your animal pictures are amazing! I love the little fox and the black swan. I also thought espresso had tons of caffeine till just recently! Good to have you back, will you be posting your renovations?
Yeah Ginny I might post some before and after pics.
Welcome back to blogland!
Sounds like you've been working hard.
Loved all your shots today!
I enjoy a good zoo. Your funny face lion is a hoot! I think he may need a teeth cleaning though. :)
Post a Comment