Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte

 I found this recipe for a lighter version of the Starbuck's latte and  to me it taste even better!  It's not so sweet and syrupy and quite a savings in calories I'm sure! 

Pumpkin Spice Latte 

4 ounces coffee or espresso 
1/2 cup skim or nonfat milk 
2 teaspoons sugar 
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus extra to dust on top) 

Brew coffee and heat milk until hot in microwave. Foam milk with Aerolatte or other milk frother. Mix sugar and pumpkin pie spice in coffee and pour milk on top. 

77 calories, 0.2g fat, 14.8 g carbohydrates, 4.3 g protein 
from Snack Girl

I have to admit these pictures are from last year in early December since our leaves are still mostly green. Yes, our leaves stay green well into the fall most years. We've had some nice cool days and even some cold nights, but still not much color change going on yet, but it will happen. 

 


"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." 
Stanley Horowitz

3 comments:

HappyK said...

Such a pretty mosaic!!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Don't you love a recipe that lightens up a heavy calorie one. This is the perfect fall latte. I just bought a large jar of pumpkin pie spice at Trader Joe's for only $1.99. I will give your recipe a try. Thanks!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It doesn't matter what year the leaves are from, they are timelessly beautiful. I think I like the birdbath one the best! Phil had to give up coffee, due to jumping around in bed all night, but this would bring him back!!