Sea Rim State Park
Before being totally destroyed by Hurricane Ike it was a nice place to go spend the day or several days in the camping area. There was a huge welcome center with showers and a wildlife display area that was completely demolished.
![]() |
| Sea Rim State Park (what's left of it) |
Our Birthday Celebrations
Jennifer, Mark, and I celebrated birthdays this summer. I got a start to my collection of Fiestaware that I've always wanted. :)
Lake Buchanan in the Texas Hill Country
We went fishing on beautiful Lake Buchanan and had a great time even if we didn't have much luck with catching fish. The lake was formed by the construction of Buchanan Dam by the Lower Colorado River Authority . Lake Buchanan is the first of the Texas Highland Lakes to be formed, and it is also the largest. The other reservoirs on the Colorado River are Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls, Lake Travis, Lake Austin, and Lady Bird Lake.Jamesport, Missouri
In July we went to Kansas City to see Jill and Jason and decided to make a side trip to see an Amish community in Jamesport. It was very interesting and had some fun places to shop. We visited a dairy farm owned by an Amish family and bought some of the best cheese I've ever eaten!It's hard to believe that October is already here isn't it! October is one of my very favorite months of the year! I can't wait to go for my first Pumpkin Latte and now that we've had our first cool front I think I'll be doing that soon!
We had gone to bed in summer and we awoke in autumn; for summer passes into
autumn in some imaginable point of time, like the turning of a leaf. (Henry
David Thoreau)
Happy October to you all!




2 comments:
Looks like you've started collecting the new Fiesta. Will you just get the new or the old as well.
I have quite a collection of the old original 6 colors.
Hi Jeanne, Sounds like you all have had a busy and FUN summer.... The older I get, the faster time passes... Can't believe it is October now.... Mercy Me!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment