Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our June Camping Trip

We just returned from a week of camping at one of our favorite parks - San Augustine Park on Lake Sam Rayburn. 


 
We had a beautiful water front campsite with lots of space.






 One day we visited my brother and his family at a nearby park.  My little niece kept us busy with lots of bouncing and playing games.



  In this game we were having to balance pine cones on sticks - I think I won since Johnny was cheating!!

 This is Sassy and Peanut - trying to stay cool!  They are so cute sharing their bed. 

 Every time we camp at San Augustine, this little critter always comes to our campsite begging for treats.  He actually comes to our trailer door and sits on the top step waiting for us to feed him.



We had a good view of the sunset from our site and each evening we had to stop what we were doing and run for our cameras.  On this day a thunderstorm was off in the distance and we were treated to a beautiful lightening show.  We couldn't hear thunder so it was pretty far away.


God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars. ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Martin Luther


4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jeanne, Looks like a fabulous campground.. I'd love to see that sunset each evening... Wow!!!

You must be having a good time with your brother and family...

Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, the little Saltine eating squirrel is too cute! And the sunset exquisite! I love your mid-air niece, too!

HappyK said...

Looks like lots of fun.
Nice trailer you have there. Sure makes camping a lot more FUN!!

Jen S said...

Love the pics! I haven't check out your blog in a while! Looks good!!