Well, the recipe for Colcannon that I posted on Saturday turned out to be very good! We really enjoyed it and I'm sure I will be making it again soon. The only thing I changed was the amount of salt. The original recipe called for 2 T. of salt be added to the potatoes and I didn't use nearly that much - maybe 1 tsp. This was the first time I've ever cooked with kale and since I didn't use it all in this dish I've got to think of a way to use the rest. Any ideas out there??
"A smile happens in a flash, but its memory can last a lifetime."
3 comments:
After reading your post on Saturday, and having all the ingredients in the frig, I also made the colcannon. We, too, enjoyed it!
I love kale in a batch of roasted veggies. I do sweet potato or squash, carrots, onions, zuchs, whatever I have, and roast them drizzled with a little EVOO for about 15 minutes in a 450 oven. Then add a couple of cups of kale that has been torn into bite sized pieces, and also drizzled with a tiny bit of EVOO, and return to the oven for another 5 - 8 minutes. We are loving kale.....just started using it last summer. Let me know if you try this and like it!
Thanks! That sounds like something we would enjoy.
It looks GOOD! Gosh, there's even a song about it!!!
Post a Comment