Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where did September Go?

I can't believe September has slipped by so fast. For one thing the beginning wasn't much different than August for us so we hardly knew it was here.

"By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer’s best of weather
And autumn’s best of cheer."
- Helen Hunt Jackson, September, 1830-1885



After having such a hot and dry summer it is good to know that things will be changing soon, as promised in this verse.

(Gen 8:22) "As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What an absolutely beautiful picture!!! Yes, September seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Jeanne---that photo is awesome... I truly hope that Texas has some better weather this Autumn....

We are having great weather now... I love this time of year...

Hope you are doing fine.
Hugs,
Betsy

HappyK said...

We are still having rain. This is the wettest summer I can ever remember.
Maybe fall will dry things out a bit!
Your photo is beautiful!