Friday, June 10, 2011

Last of Walnut Ridge

I took an early morning walk and saw that there was a low lying fog over the creek. It looked really pretty with all the cypress trees and moss hanging from their branches.  The water was perfectly still.  This is part of the paddling trails that run throughout the park.







Always glad to see these insects on the job. We didn't have a problem with mosquitoes but there were lots of other bugs. One day there was a swarm of some kind of bug - kind of like a termite. They didn't stay long.


We had a great spot to camp with lots of room.


I love what these guys have to say about camping - of course I don't agree with them (most of the time at least).

Camping: nature's way of promoting the motel industry.  ~Dave Barry, Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need

Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.  When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.  ~George Carlin


Camping:  The art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower and flush toilet.  ~Author Unknown




5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

That low lying fog is spooky and beautiful. But words fail for the dragonfly, it is miraculously beautiful!!!!! How did you do that? Is it a macro? Then why didn't you scare it away? Did you use a zoom? I never see any land long enough to snap, they always dart so!!

Jeanne said...

Actually my husband was in control of my camera as we were going along this trail and he was lucky to find a very cooperative dragonfly! He used the 100mm zoom and then I cropped the picture to bring it in even closer.

Marge said...

Absolutely lovely shots! Congrats to hubby for capturing the dragonfly so well. I need to get out to our local State Park.....before our state (MN) government shuts down on July first and the parks all close! It is a possibility and we are all hoping they can get the budget stuff settled before then!

Toyin O. said...

I love these quotes, thanks for sharing.

HappyK said...

Some good quotes there! : )
NICE closeup of the dragon fly!