Have you ever seen such a beautiful parking garage? Most parking garages aren’t much to look at architecturally speaking but this Kansas City Library’s garage will certainly catch your attention as you drive past. It has 22 giant book spines that create a “community bookshelf.” The spines measure about 25 x 9 feet and the local residents got to help pick what books would be used.
We took this picture on our trip back in March but we've never actually parked in the garage - maybe next time we might just have to visit the library so we can see inside the giant books.
I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book. ~Groucho Marx
4 comments:
I couldn't believe what I was seeing! At first, I thought it was some kind of model, a miniature. This is fantastic! I would love to go in the garage and the library both!
Wow, that is really cool. I wonder how they have the inside of the library decorated.
That is the coolest building I've ever seen! How appropriate for a library parking ramp. It was sure an imaginative person who thought that up!
Jeanne, This is the second time someone has mentioned that K.C. parking garage to me.
I'll have to take time to look it up the next time we are there.
Have a good day ...Marsha
Post a Comment