Sunday, January 16, 2011
Ready for Some Sunshine!!
Isn't it about time for some sunny days and warmer temperatures??? We're so spoiled here in the south with our mild winters and normally I don't complain about the cold, but after this week I think I'm ready for Spring. We were in the 20's two or three nights this week and the days were mostly in the 40's. And now two Sundays in a row we've had COLD and RAIN. I'm SO ready for some SUN!!! I can't wait to see that YELLOW ball of sun shining again!
Some interesting facts about YELLOW:
-Yellow is psychologically the happiest color in the color spectrum.
- Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colors and instill optimism and energy, as well as spark creative thoughts.
How the color yellow affects us physically:
Stimulates mental processes
Stimulates the nervous system
Activates memory
Encourages communication
"How wonderful yellow is. It stands for the sun." - Vincent Van Gogh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ohhhhhhh....it feels SOOOOOO WARM in here!!! LOVE it!!!
Thank You!!!
hughugs
These flowers are stunning! What is that red and yellow one? And I LOVE the sunflower birdhouse! My day is a bit less dreary now!
Thank you.
I think the red and yellow flower is called a Canna Lily. My Mom has it planted in her flower bed and it's really pretty in the summer.
Jeanne, the only yellow we see is where the dogs have relieved themselves on our white snow! I am looking forward to your shades of yellow......several months down the road yet! Enjoy your warmth! We actually may top out at 30 today before heading to below zero temps in the near future!
Actually we're not seeing much yellow yet either. These pictures are not recent - just wishful thinking to brighten up a dreary day.
It is all a matter of perspective. I'd love to have some days in the 40's. :-)
Thanks for all the sunny pictures. I too am ready for spring.
I am ready for spring too!! I am ready to dig my hands into the warm earth and find worms and plant veggies. I notice that when the sun doesn't shine my mood takes a downward turn and when the sun shines troubles aren't as bad. Yellow is one of my favorite colors. When we first bought our house I painted the entire interior Corn Silk Yellow. It was so cheery and when the windows were open... pure bliss. I pray you have a sunny Tuesday!
Post a Comment