Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Peach Cobbler
Another favorite thing about summer - Fresh Peaches!! I bought some Georgia peaches at the store and they were so good. I said I wasn't going to do it but I did it anyway - I made a cobbler! And of course that calls for ice cream and oh well weight watchers out the window again. We enjoyed it anyway.
Hill Country Peach Cobbler
3/4 cup flour
Less than 1/8 tsp. salt
2 tsps. baking powder
1 3/4 cups sugar (separated)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
3 cups sliced fresh peaches
Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together. Mix with 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Slowly stir in milk. Melt butter in 8 by 8 by 2 inch pan. (a larger pan makes a thinner crust). Pour batter over butter; do not stir. Lay peaches on batter. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar or less. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serves 6. (I think 1 hour is a little too long for this - check after 45 minutes.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks Jeanne! I can't find my regular cobbler recipe!!!
You Saved me!!Hahaa
hughugs
That sounds wonderful. I'm going shopping in a little while and will pick up the ingredients to make it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
No harm in having a little piece! :-)
Yum---looks delicious, Jeanne... I love fruit cobblers --and peach (and blackberry) are the BEST....
Hope you two are doing great so far this summer... I love your picture of the baby Bluebird....
Hugs,
Betsy
Oh boy! Does that ever sound good! And I love your new header photo. Where was that taken? It's just lovely!
Marge
Thanks Marge, That picture is from a trip we made to Palo Duro Canyon State Park, near Amarillo.
Mmmm!!! Sounds fabulous!!! I'm gonna have to try this one! And your new header photo?? SPECTACULAR!! Love it! Love, Janine XO
I love peach cobbler! It's one of my favorite desserts, and yes, with ice cream.
Your Sadie is so cute. Beautiful photo of the bluebirds.
Donna
Post a Comment