Monday, March 8, 2010

Signs of Spring



We planted this tree in our front yard about 10 years ago and despite Hurricane Rita and Ike it is standing tall and looking good.  After Rita it was leaning at about a 45 degree angle so we had to help it out be staking it for about a year to get it going in the right direction again, but now it's on its own.  So far though it hasn't made very pretty fall leaves.  I'm not sure why they haven't been turning red but maybe something about the temperatures not being cool enough in the fall.



Science has never drummed up quite


 as effective a tranquilizing agent as


 a sunny spring day.
~W. Earl Hall

4 comments:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

What a lovely tree!!! And you've created another lovely collage!!! Love the picture of your darling schnauzer as well!!! So good to be visiting with you again!!! ~Janine XO

HappyK said...

The color of the tree looks so pretty against the blue sky. Beautiful collage!

Marge said...

Oh, I love red maples. Please post another photo of it when it's in full leaf. And I'm guessing as it matures, it will give you lovely fall color.

Anonymous said...

All the maples here are doing the same thing. I think the fall color issue is a problem a lot of us have in the south. It has to get cold and sunny enough to get the fall color process started. Warm weather and/or rainy days prevent it.