Monday, February 22, 2010
We're In The Cold Again
We were teased with a few warm days and some early signs of spring. The Narcissus are popping up everywhere, lots of trees already budding out, doves cooing and birds all around scoping out nesting places, but now it's cold again.
I just can't stay warm but a cup of hot tea or coffee in my very favorite cup does help! My friend Sheila gave me this cup for my birthday last year and I just love it. She's so nice and she knows how I love little birds!
"There's a grassy slope not far away
Where thousands of Narcissus bloom,
And I catch my breath, as I watch them sway
Tossing their sweet perfume.
Gaily they nod their dear little heads
And smilingly welcome me,
As they spring up fresh from their winter beds,
Eager for company.
Their round white faces fair and clean
Are purer than frost or snow,
And I thank the hands, tho' now unseen;
That planted them, long ago."
- Nora McFarlane, Hillside Narcissus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We had a few days of lovely weather and now they are predicting cold and possible flurries starting tomorrow night. We're going back to Minnesota! Might as well be home if we're going to have cold and snow! But we have enjoyed our visit to Texas.
And I love your coffee cup and saucer!
Love the cup!!!
It's suppose to snow here today...Sunday, it was 74...go figure!
hughugs
I love your cup and saucer too.
No spring here for me yet, but it did rain in stead of snow!! :-)
Post a Comment